Alpha Industries - Tiger Souvenier Jacket
Towards the end of WWII, a popular customization trend emerged amongst U.S. servicemen and women preparing to head home. Eager to bring back a small memento of their time abroad, soldiers and pilots frequently took their governmentissued clothing to local craftsmen to be embroidered with unique patterns or regional motifs. Popular designs included dragons, tigers, eagles or even maps of forward areas they had served in.The first known examples emanated from the American base in Yokosuka and quickly spread to U.S. bases in other countries. These ‘souvenir’ jackets developed the nickname Yokosuka Jumpers which became Sukajyan, the name they are still called today in Japan.
- The MA-1 Souvenir Tiger has a flight nylon shell and lining.
- Features Alpha’s signature zippered utility/pencil pocket on the sleeve with the red "Remove Before Flight" tag
- Has two lower and two interior welt pockets with snap closure
- The Tiger has striped knit rib collar, cuffs and waistband
- Water resistant
- Dry clean only; do not iron
Style no: MJS47040C1
available in Vintage White/Sand/Mauve
by Alpha Industries